Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yes

Yes, I will come to your party.
But, I want to say no, you’re too artsy fartsy.

Yes, you look handsome, cool and great.
 Really you don’t, but a shirt change will make us late.

Yes, everything is really alright.
Saying no will just mean a fight.

Yes, I’ll have some more food.
If I say no it will darken my mood.

Yes, alright I will have a dance,
Stuff your feelings, no I won’t prance!

Yes, I’ll have another glass of wine.
Stating no will just make me pine.

Yes, you can sit here and hold my hand,
No don’t touch me it’s too much to stand

Yes, I think you’re really nice,
Well actually no, I’d rather eat mice.

Yes yes you can drive me to my home.
I want to get away from you and be alone.

Yes that’s it, its chow good bye.
You are not coming up, no don’t even try.

 












Written for Sunday Scribblings 

4 comments:

Old Egg said...

Are you sure you didn't give him a come on? I could almost see you pouting with exasperation that he was the wrong guy right from the start.

I loved this because I could picture every scene.

Old Egg said...

On reading this again I really must ask you this: Why was it not "arty farty" in the first stanza? Not only does it rhyme better but it denigrates your partner even more!

Larry McCay said...

I like that the 'Yes' was disingenuous - great approach.

Thanks for sharing.

One True Way

miruspeg said...

Excellent two way conversation CF. We have all at one stage in our life said one thing and meant another. Actually we probably do it quite often.
Love your poetry, really really do.
PS I am not just writing this and thinking something else.

Hugs
Peggy xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails