Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good old days


I hold you in my arms

You need and want me so much

Your little lives depend on me

I feed, wash and dress you, loving you all the time

You grow and learn, little by little

Small changes I hardly notice take place

You want me there, by your side; you reach up for my hand

When you are hurt, only I can stop your pain

Sometimes there is very little left of me

You trust me utterly

I love you unconditionally

Precious moments, laughs and screams

Mess and disorder clutter always to clean

You learn the rules, grow capable, and independent

Each step up is away from your need of me

I am proud, but don’t want to let go of you

Stop! Freeze time and hug you tight to me

I am living my good old days right now



Written for Sunday Scribblings

2 comments:

Old Egg said...

I think so many people are living the good old days here and now but don't realise it. What great insight you have to appreciate how precious your time with your children is.

miruspeg said...

CF I am going to repeat your last line over and over again. It is going to be my new mantra!
Beautiful, beautiful poem.
Hugs
Peggy xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails