Sweat prickles her skin,A tickle to touch as the droplet slides down her neck
Nostrils flare as hot air shocks her there
Her throat swallows as she breathes in the dryness.
Each step is an effort against the thick blanket of heat against her.
She reaches up to retrieve the dry crisp clothes.
Even the pegs are hot
The wash had been hung out less than an hour ago
The northerly wind and high temperatures are perfect for drying
She can catch up on the washing for once
The only benefit of summer in the extreme
Living with a catastrophic fire warning
I live here
View Larger Map
Written for Sunday Scribblings
4 comments:
I actually enjoyed reading about heat LOL - it has not been snowing in Texas but it HAS been cold. I'm not a fan of either extreme though so I am looking forward to spring - give me the inbetween seasons!
In the midst of the extreme COLD posts, it is a change to see something of extreme warmth. Nice to know that the upside is quick dry on the laundry.
i like snow more than heat but i undestand how pleasant this post will b for many :)
I am sorry for the late arrival to Sunday Scribblings but I had to pay you a visit :)
Happy SS
Extreme 'Caution'
You forgot to tell everyone about; the blast of heat in face as you go outside, the dust, the ants crawling up your legs, the garden drying out to dust as you watch it because of water restrictions. Why just mention the one good thing! Loved the hot picture. Let's hope the next prompt will suit one of my plot plans!
Post a Comment