Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wonder





Wonder enters a child's mind
on every little thing they find

Wonder at whatever is new
True knowledge for a selected few

Wonder decreases with age
Youths rush to turn the page

Wonder quickens the heart
Experience grabs a head start

Wonder not to be repeated
Facts retained innocence fleeted

9 comments:

Lilibeth said...

Something I hadn't really considered. Many times wonder is only a first time experience...but it would be great not to lose that wonder sense. I enjoyed the poem.

miruspeg said...

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder.
Being around Joseph every week certainly helps remember the wonder of life.
Lovely poem CF.
Hugs
Peggy xx

gautami tripathy said...

Like the repetition. It works perfectly.

rosy mask

Americanising Desi said...

what a wonder :)

hope it never ceases!

Wonder Full

b said...

so very true.

b

Old Egg said...

That "Innocence fleeted" was such a sad phrase for the older reader who unhappily might say that they have seen it all before. Wonder, (if I can remember!!!) is one of the really beautiful things about being alive.

Another great post CF.

Old Egg said...

Thanks for your comments on my piece. I would have illustrated it with one of the many photos of Paris that I have but sadly they all have people staring at the camera enjoying themselves on holiday which did not suit the mood of the writing!!

Thomma Lyn said...

What a nice poem -- I enjoyed your thoughts on wonder. Indeed, it's a sense we should strive not to lose.

Understanding Alice said...

I like that, and it has much truth in it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails