Friday, April 16, 2010

Mentor











Do I need a mentor?
Someone to guide me through.
Do I need a mentor?
Could it be someone like you?

I'd like to ask you questions
Take some time out of your day.
Find out the path you took,
be whatever that it may.

Are you interested in helping,
to be my sounding board.
Someone who is curious,
in the challenges I afford.

We could meet up at lunch,
and listen to each other.
I'd like your advice,
not hear about your mother!

If you just want to talk,
to someone who is here.
Maybe you should get a cat.
They'll have a better ear.

Do I need a mentor?
Maybe you're the wrong one.
Do I need a mentor?
You're ego's too big chum!

2 comments:

Old Egg said...

Now I thought this was a gem except for the penultimate verse. I wanted you to solve this yourself without having a real "dill" to mess you around. Mentors hopefully are interested in you and your work. It's a bad idea to have a relationship with them too!

miruspeg said...

I have had a mentor for the last 10 years...oh how blessed I feel.
I like this cheeky poem.
:)
Peggy xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails