Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oracle

There was such a buzz about this Oracle woman being in town, I just had to see her for myself. It cost a pretty sum, but what the heck.

I was surprised to meet her in an ordinary suburban house located on a main road. We sat in a small dim bedroom in chairs opposite each other. There was some incense burning and her hair was pulled back into a long plait. Her clothes were white which accentuated her tanned face. However old she was, she looked radiant with health. She smiled at me and gestured for my hand and I gave mine to her. Her touch was light and cold, her movements slow.  I expected to talk to her, but silence seemed necessary. She turned my hand over and examined my palm. I didn’t know she did that. This strange woman was reading me. Her fingers gently stroked the creases in my palm. She looked deep into my hand.

“Mmmmm” she said

“What can you see?” I enquired

“Mmmmm” she said again

She let my hand fall away

“Why are you here?” she asked me

“To find something out” I blurted.

“Aahhh” she said and then continued, “We are not just humans who have spiritual experiences, we are spiritual beings having a human experience.”

My smile dropped and I mumbled, “I don’t understand how that is relevant to me.”

She just smiled then said “There is only one certainty in life, and that is change. I feel you are in for a big shock, but I think you will be happier in the end. I see you surrounded by people who love and adore you.  So don’t be frightened.”

The oracle stood up, it is time to go. I felt like there should have been much more, that was such a waste of money. I hesitated in the hallway and turned back towards the bedroom, but the door was already shut. Put it down to experience I thought and started to rummage in my bag for my car keys.

Opening the car door I was greeted with a blast of hot air. I was angry, but there was no way I was going to confront that woman. As I looked behind me to reverse out of the drive I was annoyed that a parked van totally obscured my view of the road. When I thought it was safe I went for it. I crashed, smack bang into a bus flying down the road.

Death was instant.

But I woke up, it took me a while to work it all out. The oracle was right I was really shocked at first. But now I am full of energy. Life is really good. My legs are fast, I am sure on my feet. Oh an itch, yeah, it’s good to scratch. Smells, they are everywhere, vegetables, the acrid scent of urine, a scent of rose, mmmm is that chicken? 


I sit on a soft lap, a hand strokes me and tells me I am wonderful. A treat! A treat! Yes, a sugar cube. I love it here, life is so simple and I have nothing to worry about. The old ladies just love me. Here comes my favourite. It's Margaret, she’s the one who takes me on walkies, Margaret has a motorised wheel chair.




8 comments:

The Solitary Writer said...

nw this is what we call a perfect write up!
Amazing and beautiful! Loved it to the care..:) perfect for the prompt!

cheers!

KBDGR8EST said...

scary... but the Oracle theme is well done!

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

absolutely amazing. i loved it from start to finish!

Old Egg said...

Well your oracle certainly knew her stuff. This grabbed me from go to wuff!

Love you C.F.

Anonymous said...

a wonderful delight...

Tumblewords: said...

A delightfully provocative piece!

Old Egg said...

Having re-read your piece may I suggest the dog in you change the "acrid" scent to "alluring" or "informative."

Don't be cross, you should be pleased I came back for more!

Chapter Forty said...

I like informative, like the dog can sense stuff from your wee. Maybe the dog has oracle tendencies too...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails