Friday, July 9, 2010

I am me














Through brown eyes I see the world
My feet move slowly forward

Sister compares then pinches hard
Big brother leaves, as he could

I idolise the sister
yet hate to be the same

You know I love you, mother said
but I wait for my father's train

My hair is dyed blonde
and my eyebrows are black

I wonder what I feel
but I never turn back

I learn more about the world
Its places I see and feel

I grow up and fall in love
then children make it real

Around me shadows shine and fade
friendships along the way

The present is the best place
It's here now, this moment today.



For Sunday Scribblings

1 comment:

Old Egg said...

What an emotional and poignant poem about life, love, relationships and most importantly awareness. You have grasped the important fact that the present is where it all happens not in the remembered past and not in the unknowable future.

Dare I say I love you even more on reading it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails