I demand your attention,
it's time to listen to me.
Dont turn away or sigh,
this is my turn to be.
You're always talking,
not noticing who I am.
Expecting me to listen,
this relationship is a sham.
I want to be free,
have wings and fly away.
Grow and reach my potential,
not stay here and decay.
Its always about you,
what trouble you are in.
This has to stop, its over.
Game finished. I win.
Written for Sunday Scribblings
2 comments:
"Game finished, I win?" And I never said a word!
I like the urgency and rhythm of this piece. I find it amazing that such a remarkable work can be born from a need to post but not having time to do what you really wanted.
PS To readers of this comment, discussion has already taken place between us!
Not being part of the original conversation, I have to say - Amen! Love this!
Kind of like an independence manifesto :)
Post a Comment